Strategies for Project Sponsorship offers project managers, project sponsors, and executives insight into the key role of the sponsor as well as methods for building a relationship between project manager and sponsor. This course provides examples from real-world experiences, as well as tips, techniques, and tools to help you get the most out of your project sponsor.
With Strategies for Project Sponsorship you can:
- Better understand the role of the project sponsor and its importance within the project to the project manager and stakeholder groups
- Effectively assess your sponsor and successfully kick off the relationship between yourself and him or her
- Leverage influence through feedback and recommendations to coach your sponsor through his or her responsibilities and decision-making, when needed
- Quickly recognize different types of challenging sponsors, and prepare a response plan to make their involvement more productive
- Cooperatively work with sponsorship in stakeholder identification, analysis, and engagement
- Assist your project management office in developing best practices and capability development for project sponsors within your organization
Strategies for Project Sponsorship self-paced distance learning format includes::
- Real-world case studies to demonstrate implementation of course concepts
- Checklists and Responsibility Templates
- Comprehensive review questions for each chapter with fully-explained answers
- An easy to use participant guide
- Unlimited 1-on-1 instructor interaction
- And much more…
Credit: Project Management Professionals (PMP)® earn 20 Category A PDUs upon course completion
By the end of this course the student will be able to:
- Articulate the importance of project sponsorship to the organization, project manager, and project itself.
- Explain the importance of the role of project sponsor by prioritizing the role of effective project sponsorship within your organization.
- List the strategies one could use in working with a challenging sponsor.
- Outline the responsibilities and best practices of a project sponsor.
- Identify methods to develop successful sponsors.
- Identify top five secrets from the “50 Secrets to Being A Good Sponsor” to implement in your organization.
Credit: 20 PMI® PDUs, PMI Category A / 8 Technical, 9 Leadership, 3 Strategic.