Project schedule and deadline management allows a project manager to increase the odds arriving on time with a client solution. It’s a challenging task for any project manager whether seasoned or new to the profession.
Mastering Project Schedules and Deadlines provides a foundation for creating a sound, efficient schedule for your project initiatives. The course includes a method that is scalable to the size and complexity of a project with a focus on building a schedule to a correct level of detail. The course includes how to set expectations with the team and the client when developing and managing project dates to ensure the client’s investment is protected.
Mastering Project Schedules and Deadlines can help you to:
- Create a schedule to an appropriate level of detail to meet the needs of your project
- Consider the interactions of risk within the project schedule
- Proactively manage the project, making consistent and appropriate corrections to the plan based on available options and client priorities
- Make better decisions due to your increased understanding of the work that must be accomplished
The Mastering Project Schedules and Deadlines self-paced distance learning format includes:
- Applicable examples demonstrating the practice of efficient scheduling within project management
- Practical and relevant tools and templates that are customizable for individual projects
- Practical content and review questions to explain the application of course concepts with fully explained answers
- The option to add a printed course guide
- Unlimited 1-on-1 instructor interaction
- And much more…
Project Management Professionals (PMP)® and PMI Schedule Professionals (PMI-SP)® earn 10 Category A PDUs upon course completion.
By the end of this course the student will be able to:
- Articulate the factors that lead to a more accurate, realistic schedule
- List the appropriate activities required to complete the project work
- Discuss sequencing techniques to appropriately define task dependencies
- Explain methods for developing work effort and duration estimates for activities while also considering resource requirements
- Explain how to create and manage a schedule baseline, making adjustments and corrections to the schedule to stay on course
- Define methods to engage project team members and stakeholders in the scheduling process