As a leader, you operate in the unknown most days. This course will help you learn to cope more easily with unfamiliar situations as you apply eight core skills. This course will help you and others create conditions under which people discover how to do their best in the complexities of today’s professional environments.
With Lead More, Control Less you can:
- Institute a culture of accountability on your projects, employing structures that support self-management and accountability
- Develop a personal work habit that demonstrates results over control.
- Allow people to build on their personal experiences rather than impose yours.
- Set things up so that people coordinate and control their work rather than your doing it for them.
- Change the conditions under which people interact rather than try to change their behavior
Sample Topics: Controlling Structures and Not People, Ensuring Responsibility, Accountability, Anxiety and Blocked Excitement, Taking Things Personally, Fight or Flight, Including the Correct People, Unspoken Agreements, The “Whole Elephant” Experience
Lead More, Control Less self-paced distance learning format includes:
- Real-world examples to demonstrate implementation of course concepts
- Comprehensive review questions for each chapter with fully-explained answers
- An easy to use course guide
- Unlimited 1-on-1 instructor interaction
- And much more…
Project Management Professionals (PMP)® earn 15 Category A PDUs upon course completion
By the end of this course the student will be able to:
- Discuss how creating optimal structures requires leadership, and identify the eight leadership skills that can facilitate that implementation.
- Identify the strategies that motivate team members to share responsibility.
- Explain the appropriate activities required to resolve conflicts and lead people to find where they are 100% in agreement.
- Articulate how the paradox that “you gain more control by controlling less” works.
- Define how a leader changes the structures under which people interact without changing the people.
- Describe how getting the “whole system” to explore the “whole elephant” leads to high motivation and fast implementation.
Credit: Project Management Professionals (PMP®) earn 15 PMI PDUs upon course completion. Category A / 0 Technical, 15 Leadership, 0 Strategic.