Agile ways of working can help reduce pain and suffering for projects and teamwork resulting in improved productivity in organizations. Kanban is a simple and yet sublime way of organizing work. While Kanban is a straightforward method, its impact to project and organizational productivity can be powerful. The Kanban Application and Mastery video course will show you how to get started quickly and successfully with the reliable and rewarding practice of Kanban.
Kanban Application and Mastery can help you to:
- Learn more about the practice of Kanban, what it is and why it is used.
- Get started quickly with Kanban, implementing its principles and practices in your team and organization
- Get organized and deliver work more predictably
- Better understand key Kanban concepts such as WIP Limits, Blocked Items, and Lanes of Service
- Work with and communicate Kanban metrics and measures
- Set clear priorities that reduce rework and emergencies
- Utilize Trello in order to more successfully implement Kanban in practice
- Take advantage of using Scrum and Kanban together in your project environment
- Uncover key steps for the continuous improvement of your Kanban implementation, keeping your practice vibrant and relevant.
The Kanban Application and Mastery video learning format includes:
- Practical concepts to incorporate into your agile project best practices
- Sound examples that better demonstrate usage of Kanban
- A modular video format that is easy to fit into your day, as your schedule allows
Project Management Professionals (PMP)® and PMI Schedule Professionals (PMI-SP)® earn 2.5 PMI® PDUs upon course completion.
About The Instructor
Anthony Mersino is the founder of Vitality Chicago Inc., an Agile Training and Coaching firm that supports clients to reach their potential. Anthony has over 30 years of experience working in technology as a program manager, project manager, and Agile Coach and Trainer. Prior to founding his own company, Anthony held leadership positions at IBM, Unisys, and Ameritech.
In addition to developing and teaching the courses in the Agile Certificate program at Northwestern, Anthony teaches private corporate classes to help people understand agile and Scrum and apply it effectively to improve their work.
Anthony has an undergraduate degree from Michigan State University and earned his M.B.A. from Loyola College in Maryland. In 2008 he authored Emotional Intelligence for Project Managers: The People Skills You Need to Achieve Outstanding Results. In 2015 he authored, Agile Project Management; a Nuts and Bolts Guide. Anthony is a member of the Project Management Institute where he serves on the Executive Council. He is also a member of the Agile Alliance, the Scrum Alliance, and Scrum.org. Anthony has various certifications including the PMP, PMI-ACP, CSM, CAL1, PAL-E, PSPO, PSM, DALSM and CDAP.
By the end of this course the student will be able to:
- Explain the 4 Principles and 6 Core Practices of Kanban
- List the benefits of using Kanban
- Define how to document the workflow of a team or department
- Describe how to design a Kanban Board based on the work performed by a team or department
- Explain how to apply work in progress limits to a Kanban system
- Prescribe how to use Kanban flow metrics and reports to support continuous improvement
- Articulate how to utilize Trello in a Kanban working environment
- Discuss using Kanban together with Scrum (Scrumban)
- Explain techniques for continually improving your Kanban implementation
Credit: 2.5 PDUs – PMI® Pre-approved credits / 2.5 Technical, 0 Leadership, 0 Strategic