Highly Practical Project Management is a comprehensive course that equips individuals with the essential skills and knowledge required to effectively plan, execute, and deliver successful projects. This course emphasizes practical methods and provides examples, checklists and templates to enhance understanding and application of project management principles. Designed for PMI® certified project managers, participants will build critical skills related to navigating common project challenges, managing stakeholders, mitigating risks, and achieving project objectives within time and budget constraints.
By the end of this course the student will be able to:
- Discuss the fundamental practical project management concepts and principles.
- Describe how comprehensive project plans are developed to include clear objectives, scope, deliverables, and budgets.
- Explain how to effectively lead project teams and manage project execution to achieve project objectives.
- State how to identify and manage project risks and issues throughout the project life cycle.
Explain how to engage stakeholders, communicate effectively, and manage conflicts to build consensus.
- Describe how project reviews, lessons learned, and successful project closure is conducted.
- Define project management tools and software for efficient project planning and execution and discuss their key functions and usage.
Project Management Professionals (PMP)® earn 8.5 PDUs Total Credit; 4 Ways of Working (Technical) / 3.5 Power Skills (Leadership) / 1 Business Acumen (Strategic)
PMI-ACP, DASM, DASSM, DAC, DAVSC: 2 PDUs