Essentials in Project Scheduling will help you to develop a sound, efficient schedule utilizing a straight-forward planning method. You will learn to prepare a schedule that is scalable to the size and complexity of a variety of project environments. You will also be given critical suggestions for stakeholder expectation management for your client and the delivery team for both schedule development and rigorous schedule management.
Essentials in Project Scheduling can help you to:
- Develop an efficient schedule that will meet the needs of your project team as they conduct project work while also ensuring that your client’s deliverables remain visible
- Proactively manage the project schedule, making consistent and appropriate corrections to the plan based on available options and client priorities
- Increase the quality of project decision-making based upon a better understanding of the project’s content of work and associated actions, dependencies, resources, estimates and deadlines.
The Essentials in Project Scheduling video learning format includes:
- Practical concepts to incorporate into your project scheduling responsibilities
- Sound examples that better demonstrate usage of project scheduling best practices
- A modular video format that is easy to fit into your day, as your schedule allows
- A Supporting Documentation file that includes tools, templates, and examples discussed within the course to further support student learning and content retention
Project Management Professionals (PMP)® and PMI Schedule Professionals (PMI-SP)® earn 6 PMI® PDUs upon course completion.
By the end of this course the student will be able to:
- Describe the concept of project scheduling and its necessity to project success
- Articulate the factors that lead to a more accurate, realistic schedule
- Detail the appropriate activities required to complete the project work
- Explain sequencing techniques to appropriately define activity dependencies
- Discuss methods for developing work effort and duration estimates for activities while also considering resource requirements
- Define the concept of refining a schedule to create a baseline
- Explain the process for overseeing the work for activities during the project as well as for making necessary adjustments and corrections to the schedule to stay on course
- Discuss methods to engage project team members and stakeholders in the scheduling process
Credit: 6 PDUs – PMI® Pre-approved credits / 6 Technical, 0 Leadership, 0 Strategic